1. You will want to meet your makeup professional and your hairdresser. Make sure that your personalities are compatible. In a trial you can evaluate their professionalism, check out their work, Facebook, Instagram, Blog. A trial also tests just how well you two get along. And believe me, you need someone nice, not just a good professional!
2. A professional will be willing to work within your comfort zone, but will also advise you on your best look, so you know you will look and feel amazing. Your wedding planner can also help within this comunication. You can start by thinking that red liptstick is to much and come out from the trial saying ‘i never thought i could look like this with a strong color lipstyck!’.
3. Booking a wedding trial gives you a forehand on your perfect hair and makeup: finding the right foundation and find which false lashes (if any) works best for you, and how the makeup and the hair will last throughout the day.
4. A professional makeup artist will be able to examine and give recommendations for improving your skin, so you can have the most flawless makeup application on your wedding day. This is one reason why a trial makeup is so important. Your makeup artist will be able to tell you if your skin is dry and needs to be exfoliated, give tips to avoid flaky lips, and suggest if you need to make a visit to your esthetician or dermatologist. They can even help recommending some products to help you hidrate your skin!
5. A professional will be trained in the art of highlighting your best features and contouring any imperfections. They will know how to fix your brows to best frame your eyes, or at least recommend someone to do it, and how to get your hair done the way that your face can shine!
6. You will find a large range of prices for professionals in your area. If you find some super cheap prices for on-location wedding vendor they are most likely lacking experience. Book with a professional with a portfolio, reviews, and a good reputation. But it won’t be that expensive if you think about it: you should have a professional makeup lesson first, and then plan on spending hundreds of dollars on makeup and products that you may never use again. You will most likely be nervous and shaking on your wedding day, so keep that in mind, your nerves may get the best of you!
7. A professional will come to your location of choice. They will create an environment where you will feel pampered and totally relaxed before the festivities begin. They will save you time from having to run from one location to the next and will keep everything on a scheduled timeline. And they can even save you when your dress zipper is stuck!
And take one thing in your mind: just because you have a cousin or friend who knows how to apply makeup or how to do her hair, that doesn’t mean that she will do a great job on your wedding day make up or hair. She will have a lot going on and things to do that day to get herself ready, you won’t be her center of attention, and your makeup or hair may suffer because of it. A professional makes it his or her job to make sure that the bride is the most important face of the day!
And this goes for any vendors!